Total Fat: 10g
4 pounds low sodium corned beef brisket
1 small head of green cabbage cored and coarsely chopped
18 fluid ounces of stout (2 bottles, such as Guinness)
1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
2 sweet onion (large, chopped)
6 large carrots (chopped)
- Pour 1 bottle stout beer into a slow cooker
- Rinse corned beef brisket in clear water to remove extra sodium and pat dry. Rub with brown sugar on all sides. Gently place into the slow cooker with the stout beer.
- Arrange the cabbage, onion, and carrots on and around the brisket.
- Pour 1⁄2 of the remaining bottle of stout beer on and around the brisket and vegetables to moisten the brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on Low Setting until the corned beef is tender, approximately 6 to 8 hours.
- Allow for the brisket to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serves: 6