- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped red onion
- 8oz low fat cream cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup Rice Dream
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8oz uncooked pasta
- Prepare pasta per direction on pasta box.
- While water is boiling, heat separate large pan on medium high, when hot add 1 tbsp canola oil to pan.
- Add green beans, onion, and pepper to pan. Let cook for 3 minutes, stir and let cook another 3 minutes.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, Rice Dream, Italian Seasoning, and garlic powder. Stir continuously until sauce is combined and creamy.
- Once pasta is cooked, combine pasta with vegetables an d cream sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Yields 6 servings
Food Facts: 198 calories, 346mg Sodium, 9 grams Protein,
290 mg Potassium, 191 mg phosphorus
Created by Nicole Gilles, NAMG Dietitian